Submission Guidelines: We publish poetry, short fiction, essays, visual art and prose poems. We look first for the finely crafted piece and believe in Pound’s dictum, “Fundamental accuracy of statement is the sole morality of writing.” We’re open to all forms, but have a bias toward clear, concise, understandable work that communicates, surprises or disturbs-writing that bears witness to the world we live in.
- Short works (under 1500 words for prose and 100 lines for poetry) stand a better chance of acceptance.
- We welcome reviews and interviews.
- Simultaneous submissions are welcome as long as acknowledged as such by the author.
- Previously published work accepted on occasion–although we prefer unpublished material. Author must supply appropriate credit.
- Send no more than three to five poems or two pieces of fiction per submission.
- All submissions are to be cut-and-pasted into the body of the e-mail. Upon acceptance, we may request a Word document to verify formatting.
- For artwork, send attachments in jpg or gif format.
- The editorial preference is not to accept artists, writers, or poets for successive issues.
Submissions for the Summer Issue 2014 will be received and read from October 2013 to December 2013. The theme for this issue is open to any topic.
Send to the appropriate editor:
Questions may be sent to:
* Please put your name, e-mail address and the word “submit” in the e-mail subject line. This is vital because of our spam filters.
* Notification in four to six weeks.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you.